Thanks to a number of exciting breakthroughs in podiatric health, you have greater options for treating painful foot and ankle conditions. Instead of fighting through the pain or taking medications, you may be a candidate for more advanced treatments such as MLS laser therapy. This therapy provides major relief with minimal side effects.
MLS Laser Therapy and How it Works
Multiwave Locked System (MLS) laser therapy is a non-invasive technique used by podiatrists to treat various foot and ankle injuries such as sprains and inflammation. MLS is a wavelength of light emitted from an FDA-cleared laser at specific locations on your foot or ankle. The laser stimulates your body’s own natural healing ability, so you don’t have to apply topical creams, have a steroid injection, or take any oral medication.
Benefits of MLS Laser Therapy
- It’s a conservative form of treatment for a broad range of foot issues.
- This treatment is handled on an outpatient basis.
- The treatment has no side effects.
- The treatment relieves pain without surgery or medication
How MLS Laser Therapy Treats Patient Pain
- Blocks pain receptors by decreasing nerve sensitivity, reducing edema, and producing endorphins that relieve discomfort naturally
- Energizes fibroblast development, which is important to the production of collagen for replacing burnt or cut tissue after sustaining a wound
- Expedites tissue repair and cell growth, which is especially helpful with conditions involving damaged or pinched nerves
- Increases oxygenation and metabolic activity
- Reduces inflammation and swelling, which can have an overall positive effect on pain quickly
- Reduces fibrous tissue growth (scar tissue) at injury sites
- Stimulates lymphocytes and immunoglobins, which provide more energy to cells for the chemical reactions necessary to activate the immune system
- Speeds up the angiogenesis process, which causes new blood vessels to form and then widen while healing a foot wound
MLS Laser Therapy for Many Conditions
This groundbreaking treatment is often a good option for foot conditions that come with painful symptoms. MLS therapy is specifically helpful with issues such as neuropathy, which causes nerve damage in the foot, or any condition that causes inflammation.
MLS Laser Therapy Offers Relief for Other Medical Conditions
- Morton’s neuroma
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Plantar fasciitis
- Post-surgery recovery
- Sports or work-related injuries
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome
- Wound care
Before You Have MLS Laser Therapy
If you suffer from a medical condition that might be relieved by MLS laser therapy, talk to your podiatrist. MLS laser therapy may be your best course of treatment or part of a larger treatment plan.
Questions to Ask Your Podiatrist About MLS
- Am I a good candidate for laser therapy? The first step toward relief is a diagnosis. Speak with a podiatrist to find the root cause of your foot and/or ankle pain and associated symptoms.
- Do I need to keep attending laser therapy sessions in the long term? In many cases, the answer is no. When nerve damage is treated and inflammation is reduced, your foot can heal on its own. Relief is typically felt within the first few sessions, and the effects are generally long term. Some chronic or degenerative conditions such as arthritis may require ongoing treatment, however, to stay ahead of ongoing or worsening symptoms.
- Will the procedure burn or hurt? MLS therapy lasers are specifically designed, so they don’t emit significant heat. Most patients experience no pain or discomfort during treatment.
Schedule an Appointment to Discuss MLS Laser Therapy Today
Give your foot pain the boot! Call Canyon Foot + Ankle to schedule an appointment using the numbers below, or get in touch with our scheduling department online here.
Special Offer: Discover our latest cutting-edge MLS Laser Deal for $50/treatment or $500/10 treatments with 10% off (1 session FREE)!
- Twin Falls: 208-733-0436
- Burley: 208-678-2727