An exciting new tool is now available in our toolbox to help patients recover from painful conditions. From athletes who need to heal after a sports injury to diabetic patients suffering from peripheral neuropathy, Multiwave Locked System (MLS) laser therapy is a robust, patented treatment option that produces continuous, pulsed emissions of light to give patients a noninvasive and painless way to treat foot conditions and injuries. Once the body absorbs these light wavelengths, they promote soft tissue repair and reduces pain and inflammation.
Why Use MLS to Treat Foot Conditions
Patients with foot pain often ask if MLS therapy hurts. The answer is no. While physical therapy or surgery may involve significant pain, the laser used in MLS treatment doesn’t cause discomfort during or after the session. The most commonly reported sensation from patients is a simple warmth at the laser treatment site. Many patients don’t feel the laser at all during a session.
The MLS laser we utilize at our office simply isn’t the sort of beam that is designed to burn or cut. This leading-edge foot care technology uses focused light energy to reduce inflammation, improve circulation, and promote healing in damaged tissues.
As a more conservative treatment, we often use MLS laser therapy at Canyon Foot + Ankle to help our patients get back on their feet as quickly and comfortably as possible.
The Benefits of MLS Therapy
- Fast relief. Patients typically notice significant improvement in a short amount of time, and in many cases, you don’t need to continue treatment over the long term.
- Laser therapy is out-patient. You don’t need to worry about planning a hospital stay.
- Long-lasting. The effects of laser therapy are typically cumulative with each session. In most cases that don’t involve a chronic or degenerative condition, you can expect enduring pain relief.
- No down time. While you may experience mild warmth and tingling, there is no pain. That also means there’s no downtime for recovery, which is often a concern with surgical solutions.
- No side effects. The risks are significantly lower with laser therapy than many other treatment options. While you may need to worry about serious side effects with medication and surgery, there are no known side effects with laser therapy.
- Treats the condition. Laser therapy both offers relief from the symptoms and addresses the root cause of the problem. That frequently makes it a better option than pain medication alone, which only masks the symptoms of the condition causing your pain.
- Faster wound healing. Laser light encourages the development of fibroblast—the building blocks of collagen and critical to wound healing. The protein collagen is needed to replace old tissue and/or repair tissue injuries in the body.
Painless Treatment for Many Different Foot Conditions
MLS laser therapy stands out as one of the most effective and innovative new treatment options approved by the FDA and available in podiatry. Because it is non-invasive, laser therapy is an ideal option for a wide range of foot conditions.
MLS Can Help These Foot Problems
- Achilles tendinitis
- Chronic conditions
- Diabetic foot injuries
- Heel pain
- Injuries from sports or other physical activities
- Morton’s neuroma
- Open wound care
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Post-surgery recovery
Laser Therapy for Foot Care
If you have foot pain and are considering laser therapy, reach out to Canyon Foot + Ankle today to schedule an appointment. Our dedicated podiatry team is ready and waiting to diagnose your condition and find out if MLS therapy is right for you. Request an appointment date online, or call directly to schedule at:
- Burley: 208-678-2727
- Twin Falls: 208-733-0436